Events for August 2012
|Tuesday 7||DTC Business Development Breakfast|
7:30am - 8:30am
89a The Parade, Norwood
The DTC host's monthly Business Development Breakfasts, held the first Tuesday of each month.
The aim of the breakfast is to offer an informal setting for the discussion of current Defence Industry business development news and to provide DTC members with an opportunity to network in a relaxed setting.
Breakfast is at cost to attendees.
Please note this is a DTC Member Only Event.
|Tuesday 7||ADM Defence Support Services Summit|
This unique two day summit will enable Industry to engage fully with the Defence Support Group on current and future collaborative partnerships.
It will feature keynote addresses from senior officials from the Defence Support Group, and case-studies from CEOs of organisations who are helping to drive innovation in support services.
It is a must-attend for any organisation currently doing business with Defence, or for those wanting to gain a foothold in the service delivery of defence support.
Featuring 20+ top level speakers including:
• Senator The Hon. David Feeney, Parliamentary Secretary for Defence
• Simon Lewis, Associate Secretary Chief Operating Officer, Department of Defence
• John Owens, Head Infrastructure Division, Defence Support Group
• Brigadier Darren Naumann, Director, Infrastructure Asset Development Branch,Defence Support Group
• Mark Jenkin, Head Defence Support Operations, Defence Support Group
• Steve Grzeskowiak, Head Reform and Corporate Services, Defence Support Group
• Terry Weston, Assistant Secretary, Estate Policy and Environment, Defence Support Group
• Liz Weeks, Non Equipment Chief Procurement Officer, Defence Support Group
• David Mckaskill, General Manager Defence, Spotless• John Carver, General Manager Sales & Development, Spotless
• Santo Rizzuto, Chief Executive Officer, SKM
• Pete Robinson, Director, Defence & Government Services, Asia-Pacific, KBR.
|Thursday 9||DTC Defence Leaders Lunch with Raydon Gates, Chief Executive, Lockheed Martin|
Thursday 9th August 2012
12pm - 2pm
16 Hindmarsh Square, Adelaide
COST: $125 DTC Members, $140 Non Members
Hear Raydon Gates, Chief Executive, Lockheed Martin, speak extensively on the companies 100 years in the business of ‘accelerating tomorrow’, and talk of a number of world leading innovations that - through the merging of the Lockheed Aircraft and Martin Aircraft companies in 1995 – has become the Lockheed Martin Corporation we know today, the world’s largest integrated global security and aerospace company. Raydon will relate the achievements of the wider global Corporation to the current, and future, business footprint of Lockheed Martin Australia.
Please register for this event by COB Thursday 2nd August 2012.
For enquiries, please contact Tracy Pierce at email@example.com or 08 8260 8189.
|Thursday 16||Successful Quality Management Workshop by duMonde|
Level 1, 60 Halifax Street
For companies pursuing business opportunities with the Australian Department of Defence and Industry Prime Contractors.
Successful Quality Management in Defence will help you:
- Develop a Management System that will improve your business
- Meet the Quality Assurance requirements for Australian Defence Contracting with Prime Contractors
- Understand Quality Assurance requirements and mitigate risk
- Provide you with techniques and tools for integrating Quality, Audit and Improvement procedures.
Seize this opportunity to build your relationships with influential decision makers.
|Thursday 16||Building the Northern Defence Industry Cluster|
4.30pm - 5pm
Naval, Military & Air Force Club
111 Hutt Street, Adelaide
The centre of SA's economic activity is moving north. Not only are the defence and advanced manufacturing industries driving this growth, but a new era of industrial innovation supported by road and rail infrastructure will secure the future of Northern Adelaide.
There is approximately $23 billion of investment in the pipeline in Northern Adelaide, with $11 billion in civil, residential and commercial development and a further $11.7 billion in defence projects mainly around Edinburgh and the Lefevre Peninsula.
Glenn Docherty, Mayor of the City of Playford, will lead an engaging and informative briefing about the current defence initiatives, and how being a part of the Northern Defence Cluster can benefit your organisation.
|Thursday 16||DTC Monthly Networking Event - August 2012|
5pm - 6.30pm
Naval, Military & Air Force Club
111 Hutt Street, Adelaide
Cost: $33 DTC Member, $44 Non Member
Join the DTC for our Monthly Networking Event. An opportunity to meet DTC members, share experiences and identify opportunities.
Please register for this event by Tuesday 14th August. For enquiries, please contact Tracy Pierce on firstname.lastname@example.org or 8260 8189.
|Tuesday 21||CPA Australia - Australian Defence Industry Conference|
21 - 22 August
233 Victoria Square
Engaging Business Opportunities
Dr David Kilcullen, who has advised the highest levels of the Bush and Obama administrations, headlines the Australian Defence Industry conference in Adelaide this year. The conference brings the government and defence industry together to share learnings, insights and present challenges. Now in its third year, the program will feature a mix of keynotes, case studies and master classes covering a wide breadth of relevant topics as well as an official dinner to give you invaluable networking opportunities.
Attend this key industry event and acquire:
- practical learnings on improving commercial and program outcomes
- a rejuvenated commercial focus domestically and globally
- an understanding of key procurement and carbon tax issues
- new insights into industry drivers and future challenges
- an indepth understanding on tenders and cost management
- knowledge of government, procurement and contracting processes
- techniques for reducing costs and improving commercial readiness.
DTC members receive a 10% discount off normal prices. See the attached flyer for further details.
|Wednesday 29||South Australian Defence and Veteran Health Research Paper Day|
9am - 4:30pm
Repatriation General Hospital
Daws Road, Daw Park
The fourth annual South Australian Defence and Veteran Health Research Paper Day will be jointly presented by Foundation Daw Park Inc (soon to be re-named as The Repat Foundation), and the Repatriation General Hospital on Wednesday 29th August 2012 - 9am to 4.30 pm, in the SPF Hall at the Repat.
Key note speaker - Air Chief Marshal Angus Houston AC, AFC (Ret'd) - former Chief of the Australian Defence Force and Chair of the Anzac Centenary Advisory Board.
Bookings are essential - call Foundation Daw Park on 8275 1039. For more details, go to www.foundationdawpark.org.au