The Specialist Vehicles Alliance (SVA) aims to identify business opportunities for suppliers impacted by the decline in automotive work within Australia but also for companies to diversity by providing their capabilities into other sectors .
The Defence Teaming Centre, in partnership with the Department for State Development, is facilitating this project that is following the ‘cluster’ methodology of Ifor Ffowcs-Williams who is a world-renowned expert in the areas of competitiveness, clusters and innovation. The objectives are to:
- Set up a range of clustering activities that will increase the export opportunities for specialist vehicles and components developed, modified and built in South Australia. (This will be increased to include other States nationally over time.)
- Increase collaborations between industries involved in the production of specialist vehicles and between those businesses and researchers.
- Increase the International profile of the industry specialisations found in the Specialist Vehicles Alliance.
There is strong potential for the specialist vehicles capabilities to be provided to clients operating within the sectors of:
- Military / Defence
- Commercial Operations – Mining
- Public Emergency Services
- Performance and Custom Built Vehicles – Racing; Armoured Limousines
For more information about the Australian Specialist Vehicles Alliance please contact: